Comfort and happiness are just two of the many facets of WarTales that can overwhelm players. There are enough things to deal with as it stands, both of these things can easily be overlooked and lead to disastrous results.
Our guide will provide you with all the tips you need to increase your party's comfort and happiness in WarTales. It is a crucial part of the gameplay. If you don't keep your units satisfied, then you will be forced to pay penalties that you may not be able to afford.
How to Increase Comfort and Happiness in WarTales
Pay a regular salary
One of the most important things after assigning professions to your units is paying them for their work every three days. This will influence their sense of happiness and overall confidence.
Here are some essential tips on how to pay wages in WarTales:
- Always try to research wages for your units in a city, as there is always paid work to be found.
- Instead of robbing caravans or going hunting, go to the town inn and embark on one or more bounty quests.
- Always choose the easiest quests with the highest payouts, this way your units will earn more happiness points.
When you have earned money, you must follow these steps in order to pay the wages of your mercenaries:
Rest and feed your units
Food and good rest are two other essential elements of the comfort of your party. While you stay in the city, make sure to pick up as much food as you can, because as soon as you leave the city, it will be hard to find.
Follow these tips to keep your units well fed and happy:
- Four units consumes 6 food points per day, but since you're usually staying 3-4 days out of town, you'll need at least 18 food to keep them happy.
- You can also use alcohol to feed them, but alcohol only adds 2 happiness point, while real food adds XNUMX points.
- You can buy alcohol from the tavern in any town, but be careful because if you give your units too much alcohol, they will acquire the alcoholic trait, requiring you to feed them alcohol every time you rest at the campfire. .
- If you find yourself running out of food outside of town, consider hunting animals or buying food from traveling vendors.
- When buying food in town, always try to buy the food directly from the cooks, as their food is of higher quality than other sources.
Follow these steps to provide rest to your units:
Unlock knowledge skills
The final essential for the comfort and happiness of your units is the Fellowship and Fellowship skills in the Knowledge skill tree. Once these two skills are unlocked, your units will gain 2 permanent happiness points.
You can earn knowledge points every time you discover new things, but the most efficient way is to craft items at the workshop. Follow these steps to start crafting in WarTales:
Every time you craft a brand new item, you get a new Knowledge Point, which you can use to unlock Fellowship and Fellowship skills.
Get Farmers and Stoics
You can assign all kinds of professions to your units with different traits, but if you want to have happy units, try to start the game with farmers and units that have the stoic trait.
Stoics are generally hard to upset and their comfort level never drops, so having them in your party is usually beneficial.
Farmers can help you find happiness while resting in the forest, where you'll be setting up camp most of the time anyway. In order to get the happiness bonus from resting in the forest, you will also need to get the Love Nature trait.
That's all you need to know about how to increase the comfort and happiness of your units in WarTales.